Saturday, November 3, 2012

November Harvest

I just went out into my garden for the first time in probably the last month. Almost everything was dead, but I did find a few little plants still hanging on :). It reminded me that I never crossed off  "plant and harvest a garden" from my list, so I did that today along with "make the varsity soccer team" and "make a new friend". 

I had forgotten about the extra row of carrots and the green onions that I planted a little too late, the carrots were hiding under the zucchini plant leaves that got bigger then I expected.
 

Ghost peppers that hung on during Sandy and multiple frosts... I still have yet to taste one.


 And then there's the random hydrangea bloom amidst all of the dead stuff. Amazing.  
The only season I really love is summer, but fall definitely has it's moments. Like finding a flower that is still blooming. Or flavouring everything with pumpkin and apples (yesterday I had pumpkin waffles, this morning I made pumpkin French toast, and I'm just waiting for the right time to make apple stuffed sweet bread). Or drinking 5 cups of tea with honey and 2 cups of cocoa; daily. Or, my personal favourite, making a leaf pile with preschoolers while they run around singing "leaf pile leaf pile leaf pile!" (it happens a lot). 




I almost forgot, here are some pictures of THE BEST fall activity. :D



No comments:

Post a Comment