Wednesday, December 21, 2011

15










Yesterday was my 15th birthday!! Wooohooo!
It's not really a mile stone, but that's all right. 
To celebrate I had some of my friends over for a few hours and watched My Fair Lady. I absolutely love that movie, mostly because of the music, but also because of the plot. About a year ago I realized my love for musicals... Now I'm hooked.
We also ate tacos and slurped on root beer floats (instead of a cake).
It was pretty much a super relaxing and fun day, my friends rock. That's it.

Here is the art part of this post, I'm trying to decide what to paint on the little canvases (picture above). And I think it would be totally cool to paint a self portrait of sorts, but since I started painting I have never ever ever never... ever wanted to paint a person. Or more specifically a face. I think I was just afraid to.  But I decided to try it! Results? Ehhhhh... I'm gonna practice.



The lack of arms is a little eerie... and the nose is too long. I will succeed!
And maybe in a few years I will be able to make it resemble the model.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had such an awesome Birthday, Anna! :) Musicals are awesome! Have you ever watched The Newsies? If you haven't you definitely should! It is a must see. :D
    So you've started getting into some painting?? Cool! I really want to try my hand at oil paints. With canvases. Painting people seem really hard! I'd be scared to try that...maybe because you can't erase. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of The Newsies, but I will definitely check it out! Thanks!
    Yup, I now know why in some painting the people don't have faces....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! You do that. :D
    Haha! So that's why.... :p

    ReplyDelete