Monday, April 23, 2012

Meeting Goals

It is that sort of a day, so much time + so many things to do + rain = nothing done at all.
BUT, there have been some highlights; first, this morning I woke up to tomato and jalapeño plant sprouts!!
This is the first year I am trying to plant a garden, and it is a little nerve racking. My dad is building me two raised beds, about 8x8 feet, to plant in, and I'm super excited for the point when I can actual plant some stuff :). 
 See! It's a tomato plant! 

 I know this picture is super fuzzy and a little painful to look at, but it is most definitely a little jalapeño plant.

 Second highlight; I successfully made hamburger buns! I tried it once before and it ended up as dense dinner rolls, but these were perfect-- if I do say so myself. I made them from the King Arthur Flour cookbook. Of course.


Right before my birthday I made this list, 15 things to do before I turn 16.
And guess what? After 4 months.... 2 things are crossed off. But I'm working on a bunch more! 
Friday night was our church talent show, and I sang and played guitar, by myself. #1, check.


As I mentioned earlier, I have started planting my garden! Just got to wait till the end of May so I can actual plant it. I'm also running with my brother a few times a week to get ready for the July 4th L.L. Bean 10k! It's not 9 miles, but it's very close...
Also, in May me and a bunch of other TeenPacters are taking a road trip to Tennessee to attend TeenPact National Convention, which is on the list!

That ^ all was a little meaningless, but point being: this is going to be a great year. 





1 comment:

  1. Goals are great! Kudos to you, Anna, for singing and playing in front of people- that's brave! : ) I'm sure you sounded lovely!
    PS- those hambuger buns look yummy- they're making my mouth water.... : )

    ReplyDelete