Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Taste the Rainbow

That's right; I finally made rainbow cupcakes. Or sort of rainbow, I went for more of a pastel rainbow look, and some of them are tie die. It was something I had been meaning to do for a while, and the 16th birthday of one of my best friends, Emily, was the perfect occasion!
I used the Elegant White Cake recipe from the King Arthur Flour cookbook; which, by the way, is an amazing cookbook. Every recipe I have tried so far as been a delicious success.  I tried to find the recipe online, but I suppose you will just have to buy the book. Or just find any white cake recipe... That one is just really moist and delicious, don't settle for less ;).
First, I just divided up the batter and made whatever colours I wanted, then layered them in a rainbow-like way. I ran out of some colours sooner than others, so I swirled those ones together.

 Voilà! Rainbow cupcakes. So simple :).

I frosted them with butter-cream frosting from a recipe in, you guess, King Arthur Flour.
I was going to swirl the green and pink together, but that was turning out to be more complicated then I had time for...





HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY! 


2 comments:

  1. Anna, You are awesome! You've inspired me to make some kind of cakey thing for Den tonight. He's having back problems which I know would be VASTLY improved by cupcakes!! Thanks.
    Love, Aunt Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, thanks Anna! They were SOOOOO yummy! I'm definitely gonna have to try making these! :D

    ReplyDelete